TeacherTube recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.TeacherTube.com or other web sites owned or operated by TeacherTube (collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the TeacherTube Sites. TeacherTube provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the TeacherTube Sites.
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the TeacherTube Sites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
The Information TeacherTube Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to TeacherTube when choosing to participate in various activities on the TeacherTube Sites such as uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the TeacherTube Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. TeacherTube uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the TeacherTube Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here. To opt-out of third party cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
TeacherTube and Google:
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and TeacherTube to serve ads to you based on your visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Analytics are implemented based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
- Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
- TeacherTube abides by Google's Interactive Media Ads (IMA) products. See Google's IMA policies here.
- Log File Information: When you use the TeacherTube Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the TeacherTube Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way TeacherTube Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the TeacherTube Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the TeacherTube Sites.
- Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the TeacherTube Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the TeacherTube Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major TeacherTube Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the TeacherTube Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When TeacherTube Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the TeacherTube Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
TeacherTube does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks TeacherTube to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the TeacherTube Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment To Data Security
TeacherTube uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TeacherTube and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, TeacherTube makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If TeacherTube learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. TeacherTube may post a notice on the TeacherTube Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Our Commitment To Childrens' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, TeacherTube does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the TeacherTube Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the TeacherTube Sites at any time or in any manner. If TeacherTube learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the TeacherTube Sites without verified parental consent, then TeacherTube will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that TeacherTube is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
TeacherTube complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. TeacherTube, LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view TeacherTube, LLC’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
610 Elm Street
McKinney, Texas 75069
TeacherTube has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by TeacherTube, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Please contact TeacherTube with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by email: firstname.lastname@example.org